At Elliott Bay Metal Fabricating, Inc., we understand there is no perfect design. Design consists of a compromise between function, cost, and aesthetics. It is easy to design a product that is absolutely beautiful but fails to perform its intended function. On the other hand, no one wants a product that functions very well but looks atrocious.
If a design shows great function and form but comes at a prohibitive cost, it serves no purpose. A good designer marries beauty, function, and economics to produce a streamlined, attractive design within a budget. This is our goal at Elliott Bay.
The Design Process
When we design for you, we follow these steps:
- Design Brief or Goal Statement: Assessing needs and wants
- Analysis: Analyzing current design goals
- Research: Investigating similar design solutions in the field or related topics
- Specification: Specifying requirements of a design solution for a product or service
- Problem Solving: Conceptualizing and documenting design solutions
- Presentation: Presenting design solutions
- Development: Continuing & improving a designed solution (prototype stage)
- Testing: In-place testing of a designed solution
- Implementation: Introducing the designed solution into the environment
- Evaluation and Conclusion: Summarizing process and results, including constructive criticism and suggestions for future improvements
- Redesign: Repeating any or all stages in the design process (with corrections made) at any time before, during, or after production.
Our experience helps you develop your concepts through to completion, giving you the power to proceed.
When you combine your company knowledge with our design, materials, and fabrication expertise, together we can create a masterpiece. Call (206) 898-8859 today to begin.